Thursday, September 23, 2010

My First Birth Experience

Nine years ago, I supported my friend Jane in the birth of her first child- the first birth I ever witnessed. It was my senior year in college but his birth changed my life's path. As Gabe began to crown, I wondered what to expect. I remembered televised births on sitcoms and soap operas where dads fainted or got sick.  Still, I held Jane's leg and watched. To my amazement, Gabe silently and peacefully slid out. The moment was serene and beautiful. Jane didn't scream. I didn't faint. My next thought was, "I can do this!" I knew I had to become a midwife no matter what.


(*Have to mention how cool it was that Stone Temple Pilots were having a concert across the street from the hospital!!!)

Image © 2010 LMB All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment